Assignment Editor - KCRA 3 News, a Hearst Television owned station is looking for an aggressive, competitive assignment editor who thrives on winning the big story!
“Where the News Comes First” is not only our brand – it’s our deep commitment to journalistic excellence. As the consistently #1 ratings leader in our market, we set the bar high for excellent storytelling, aggressive investigative reporting and outstanding breaking news coverage. We are looking for a full – time news planning/assignment editor who is a take-charge newsroom leader who finds distinctive enterprise stories and oversees news coverage that sets us apart.
To Apply: Contact Lori Waldon, KCRA 3 News Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Waldon, News Director, KCRA 3 News, 3 Television Circle, Sacramento, CA 95814
• Skillfully plans and oversees content and logistics for big story coverage
• Monitors social media and posts content to our web site
• Reacts aggressively and decisively to breaking news with or without management present
• Develops strong news sources
• Demonstrates superb organizational skills
• Demonstrates exceptional news judgment
• Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
• Multi-tasks efficiently under heavy deadline pressure
• Must be able to work flexible hours and on weekends