Reporter/Producer – KCET Los Angeles is looking for reporter/producers for its award-winning newsmagazine, SoCal Connected, a weekly local newsmagazine entering its sixth season. Reporters will produce in-depth television stories and shorter features; work with web producers and social media editors. Applicants will work in a fast-paced, creative, collaborative editorial environment, and will be required to deliver polished pieces on a weekly deadline. Reporter/producers are freelance AFTRA positions.
· Work closely with series producers to develop, select, research, field produce and write stories and features aligned with SoCal Connected’s mission and editorial vision.
· Deliver finished a long-form report or feature story on a weekly basis.
· Work closely with web producers to facilitate online assets to accompany and enhance the television story.
· Work closely with the social media/community editor to augment viewership online and help develop audience engagement.
Experience and Qualifications:
· B.A. or M.A. in broadcast journalism preferred but not required
· 3-5 years of on-air experience in TV news and/or feature reporting
· Excellent research, field production and broadcast writing skills.
· Excellent on-air skills able to adapt to straight issue-driven stories and more personalized features
· Web and social media savvy
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
· AFTRA membership required
Contact: Val Zavala, KCET firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.