Cal State Northridge Journalism Department's Monday Memo
Newsletter for Journalism Majors
Internships, jobs, accomplishments and general announcements
Fall 2014 * Issue No. 5
To submit information to the Monday Memo, please contact Diana Tran, editor, at ext. 3135, email submissions to email@example.com, or stop by MZ 210.The deadline for submission is Noon, Monday. Old editions of the newsletter are available at http://csunjournalism.blogspot.com/.
Mandatory Advisement WILL BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 - All Journalism students who plan to attend CSUN during Spring 2015 must see their advisers for academic counseling during the advisement period. Students will not be cleared for registration until the Department has the counseling form on file.
- Sophomores and third semester freshmen - are required to make an appointment with the academic advisor, Virginia Avila. Students must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include their name, CSUN ID#, and phone number.
- FRESHMEN (Second Semester) - are required to make an appointment with an adviser in the Student Resource Center/EOP, 818/677-2024.
- JUNIORS, SENIORS, AND SECOND BA – are required to meet with a faculty adviser. THE JOURNALISM OFFICE DOES NOT MAKE APPOINTMENTS – JUST PLAN TO SEE YOUR ADVISER DURING HIS/HER OFFICE HOURS.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS – are required to meet with Dr. Melissa Wall during her walk-in office hours.
Students should pick up their forms and their files in the Department office, MZ 210, before seeing their adviser. When advisement is completed, both the form and the file should be returned to the Department office. Advisers’ office hours are available on a sheet outside the Journalism Department office. No advisement will be available for continuing students after November 7! If you are a continuing journalism major and do not see an adviser during the regular advisement period, you may not be able to register until after classes start in the spring.
Open Journalism Lab Hours:
- Monday 12:30-4 p.m. (MZ360)
- Tuesday 11:30-2 p.m. (MZ211)
- Thursday 9:30-12:30 p.m. (MZ360); 12:30-2 p.m. (MZ211); & 3:30-7 p.m. (MZ211)
- Friday 2-4 p.m. (MZ360)