Cal State Northridge Journalism Department's Monday Memo
Newsletter for Journalism Majors
Internships, jobs, accomplishments and general announcements
Fall 2014 * Issue No. 14
To submit information to the Monday Memo, please contact Diana Tran, editor, at ext. 3135, email submissions to email@example.com, or stop by MZ 210.The deadline for submission is Noon, Monday.
GRADUATING SENIORS: If you have not completed your Graduation Check and have not paid for your Graduation Application you need to do so immediately. Come into the Journalism Department office to get further information. Commencement date and time have not been assigned yet.
ADVISEMENT: Freshman and Sophomores can still make appointments for advisement. Please contact the Student Resource Center (818) 677-2024.
REGISTRATION HOLDS: Please check your CSUN Portal to make sure you have no further registration holds that will prevent you from registering on time.
UPPER DIVISION WRITING PROFICIENCY EXAM (UDWPE) - For all students that haven't taken the UDWPE, you need to do so before you have completed 75 units. Please refer to this LINK for more information about dates and times of the exam.
CSUN Annual Student Research and Creative Works Symposium
Friday, February 13, 2015The 19th Annual Student Research and Creative Works Symposium will take place on February 13, 2015. The purpose is to showcase excellence in scholarly research and creative activity conducted by CSUN undergraduate and graduate students across all academic disciplines. Presentations may be in any of the following categories:
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Business, Economics, and Public Administration
- Creative Arts and Design
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Health, Nutrition, and Clinical Sciences
- Humanities and Letters
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- The online application period starts November 14, 2014 and will close December 22, 2014.
- The application can be accessed through the following link: https://www.csun.edu/student-symposium
- The Symposium will be held at the USU Northridge Center.
- Cash awards will be presented to the outstanding oral presenter ($200) and runner-up ($100) in each session.
- About the Competition
This is a student conference featuring oral and poster presentations to an audience of students and faculty and faculty judges. Based on the recommendations of the judges, cash awards will be presented in each of the oral sessions. For the poster session, cash awards will be provided to the outstanding undergraduate and graduate posters.
Please note that there are a limited number of presentations that can be accommodated. Registration will close when the symposium is full. We recommend that you apply early.