Cal State Northridge Journalism Department's Monday Memo
Newsletter for Journalism Majors
Internships, jobs, accomplishments and general announcements
Spring 2015 * Issue No. 10
Wow, March went by fast!
Hoping everyone did well on their midterms, but don't get too comfortable yet. Mandatory advisement for all journalism majors and minors has just begun.
• Freshmen & Sophomores: Please call the Student Resource Center at 818-677-2024 to make an appointment. Please have your student ID number ready and available.
• Juniors & Seniors: Below is a copy of the journalism advisers available office hours. No appointment is required. Please stop by the department office (MZ210) for your academic file and advisement form. Once completed, bring both the file and form back to the office in order to get your registration hold removed.
Permission numbers are limited and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the journalism office at
- Todd W. Miller, Author of “Border Patrol Nation” will be sharing his 15 years of experiences working with border and immigration issues.Wednesday, March 25 from 4 – 5:30 p.m. in Manzanita 130
- NABJ presents James Anderson, Senior VP of Communications for Turner Broadcasting. Anderson will be sharing career advice and information about television broadcast on Wednesday, March 25 at 7 p.m. in the Reseda Room in the USU.
FUN FACT FRENZY!
• Instagram has already had more than 16 billion photos uploaded since debuting in 2010. 5 million photos are uploaded daily.
• Does this apply to you? Studies show 23% of Facebook users check their account at least 5 times a day.
• Food is the top category on Pinterest making up 57% of discussions.
To submit information to the Monday Memo, please contact Diana Tran, editor, at ext. 3135, email submissions to email@example.com, or stop by MZ 210.The deadline for submission is Noon, Monday.