Cal State Northridge Journalism Department's Monday Memo
Newsletter for Journalism Majors
Internships, jobs, accomplishments and general announcements
Fall 2015 * Issue No. 11
The Deadline for advisement is now approaching! To find out office hours for professors, you can visit the journalism office or see the schedule posted online here: Fall 2015 Adviser Office Hours. Please remember advisement is mandatory in order to register for classes next semester.
Join us November 2-6 for the first U.S. National Media Literacy Week. The CSUN Proud2Bme On Campus Campaign, a community engagement partnership between students in Dr. Eisenstock’s Journalism 371 Women, Men and Media classes and the National Eating Disorders Association’s Proud2Bme college outreach initiative, has organized activities to engage the campus community.
- Tuesday, Nov 3 at 7pm (PST) | Student Union – Lake View Terrace Room (Jared Geller, producing partner with Joseph Gordon-Levitt at HitRecord )
- Thursday, Nov 5 at 12:15pm (PST) Sierra Tower (Acasola, CSUN’s premiere acapella group Acasola)
- Nov 2-6 Facebook Campaign
- Join us during National Media Literacy Week in demonstrating your media literacy skills on the Proud2Bme Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Proud2BmeUSA.
- Nov 3-6 Selfie Snap Booth
- How media literate are you? Look for the “speech balloon” traveling around campus –write a media literacy tip, snap a selfie, and share it online. On Tuesday, you can find us at the CSUN Farmer’s Market. #MediaLitWk @MediaLiteracyED #Proud2Bme @Proud2BmeUS
- Nov 2-6 Media Literacy Advocate Challenge
- Use your social media to advocate for media literacy in 3 simple steps: SNAP POST PASS
- Snap the media literacy word cloud on the back of the card.
- Post the card on social media & tag a friend.
- Pass the card forward.
SNAP POST PASS cards are available next week from students in Journalism 371 or at www.bemedialitrerate.com
Clubs and Organizations Events
Join RTDNA next week to welcome ESPN radio host Kelvin Washington as he discusses his career. The event will be taking place in the USU Panorama room from 5-6pm on Tuesday Nov 3.
CSUN NABJ will be hosting their Black Lives Matter event on Nov 4. The event will be taking place from 4-6pm.
CIJ is contributor agency in LA for the Swiss Italian Television RSI. We provide News Segments to the Nightly News and to different others overseas shows. The reports are all in Italian. The intern will be responsible to assist in stories searching, in edition, to work as production assistant and to assist during interviews. CIJ covers entertainment, movies junkets, red carpets and produces a show aired in Switzerland and on TvSvizzera.it about Italian, Italian American and Swiss of success in the USA. The intern is not required to speak or write Italian. www.cijmedia.com
Daniele Compatangelo firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213 399 6830
To submit information to the Monday Memo, please contact Diana Tran, editor, at ext. 3135, email submissions to email@example.com, or stop by MZ 210.The deadline for submission is Noon, Monday.