Institute on Political Journalism in Washington, DC
June 4 – July 29, 2016
December 10 – Early Deadline for Summer 2016 (5% tuition discount)
Taking advantage of a Washington, DC internship is a valuable investment in your future that will set you apart after college. The comprehensive programs sponsored by The Fund for American Studies include, a guaranteed internship placement, Courses for transferable credit from George Mason University and Furnished housing.
THE INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
We’ve been creating academic internship experiences for over 40 years and guarantee all participants an internship placement. Your options are endless – we work with over 200 different newspapers, magazines, radio and TV stations, trade publications, as well as corporate and nonprofit PR organizations.
Working in this powerful city will allow you to make professional connections and practice networking skills in a real-world setting. Washington, DC is the perfect place to explore a variety of career paths, and we work with each student’s unique goals and aspirations to match them with the most fitting internship site.
Applicants for the Institute on Political Journalism are encouraged to apply for the early deadline of December 10, 2015 in order to receive preference in admissions and scholarship consideration, as well as a 5% tuition discount.
For more information and to be begin an online application, please visit www.DCinternships.org/IPJ
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.986.0384.
Maize Marketing, Inc.
Fall 2015 / Spring 2016
Maize Marketing is seeking a PR/Social Media intern to join its marketing team in Woodland Hills.
The PR/Social Media intern will provide support to multiple account teams that serve clients in the B2B industries. Ideal candidates will be self-starters that have a strong work ethic and a deep interest in marketing in B2B and corporate industries.
Public Relations and Media Relations
· Assist in drafting basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials as directed.
· Assist with the development and updating of media lists. Other tasks include database creation involving clients and prospects, data entry and updating additions and corrections.
· Conduct coverage reporting tasks including updating coverage grids, clipping editorial placements and creating coverage reports.
· Assist in updating all PR editorials and pitching calendars.
· Research competitors in magazines, e-mail blasts, and news publications.
· Compile updated research on target markets.
· Assist with administrative duties including processing, sorting, collating, stuffing envelops, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned.
· Monitor social media trends on blogs and social networking sites.
· Assist in creating editorial calendars.
· Loading editorial content into social content management system.
· Conduct research that would include curating articles, monitoring competitor social activities, monitoring client mentions, etc.
· Compile social media metrics for data reports.
· Assist account team in all aspects of day-to-day execution of client projects.
· Coordinate and communicate project details to appropriate team members.
All Prospective Interns Must Meet The Following Minimum Requirements
· Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college / university.
· Maize Marketing, Inc. internships are paid ($10 per hour).
· Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer competency.
· Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small, and able to balance multiple priorities at once.
· High energy and exceptional attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Experience with CMS (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.)