Los Angeles Times Internship Program
Interested in working with some of the best journalists around? The L.A. Times offer 10 weeks of intensive, hands-on experience in a region where big stories are the norm. They place interns throughout the L.A. Times: Metro/Local, Sacramento, Sports, Business, Features (Home, Image, Travel, Food, Mind & Body), Arts & Entertainment, Editorial Pages, Washington, D.C., bureau, Photography/Video, Data Desk, Visualization and Data, Design and latimes.com. (The L.A. Times’ copy-editing intern is selected through the Dow Jones News Fund's national selection process, and that deadline is Nov. 3, 2015.) These are paid internships and placements usually run from mid-June to late August. This internship is limited for the summer unless otherwise noted.
· Applicants must be actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and must be eligible to work in the U.S.
· Graduates may qualify if you've finished school within six months of the start of the internship.
· Applicants for the visual journalism and most reporting internships must have a valid driver's license and access to a car in good working condition.
· Internships are for students who have not worked professionally as staff journalists.
· Little training is offered, so previous internship experience is preferred.