Scott Public Relations, a 27-year-old public relations and marketing agency specializing in the healthcare industry, is offering internships to qualifying undergraduates (juniors and seniors) and graduate students. These internships are open not only to students in communications, public relations and marketing, but to students in any of the liberal arts, business, government, or the sciences.
- Outstanding writing and research skills, critical thinking and intellectual curiosity
The Scott Public Relations program requirements are:
- Write 3-4 blogs for our popular blog on healthcare PR and marketing, Einsights (receives 20,000 plus visitors a month)
- Perform media and social media monitoring related to one of the agency's clients
In addition, each student will complete at least one and hopefully two of the following:
- Write an article for a client
- Write a background paper on a healthcare or communication topic that the agency can use in its own marketing and on its website
- Develop a news release and pitch for he news media on behalf of a client, identifying the relevant story topics and angles, and conduct media outreach to obtain articles and interviews
- Research the competitive, media and social media landscape plus key industry organizations and influencers for a new business prospect for whom we are developing a proposal
- An article on a topic of the student's choice that also benefits the agency
- Manage the social media program for a client, including creating content, posting, engagement, and reporting.
Each student is assigned to a client team and will be part of that team's meeting, discussion, and client service initiatives. They will report to the account manager of that account.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, writing sample, and a reference from someone -- teacher or employer -- who can attest to your writing, analytical and research skills.
- Commitment of at least 2 days per week. Schedule is flexible.
Agency located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, in Woodland Hills.
Applications are always open.