Deadline: Feb. 15
The Institute for Education in International Media (ieiMedia), is offering a summer program in Urbino, Italy. This great opportunity combines the experience of an internship, summer school and travel into one summer abroad program.
- Students will get first hand experience reporting in Italy
- Students will learn from professionals (experienced journalism educators & working journalists who have been honored with Pulitzer prizes and National Magazine Awards)
- Multimedia Journalism students will study photography, international reporting, video and will produce a website about the city.
- Magazine Journalism students will study photography, international reporting, feature writing, and will produce a print-on-demand magazine.
To begin your online application, visit http://ieimedia.com/application?utm_source=2016+CalSt+Northridge+Urbino+Again+This+Year&utm_campaign=2016+CalSt+Northridge+Urbino+Again&utm_medium=email .
The Front Page Firm
The Front Page Firm
- Interns will gain knowledge in promotions, publicity, and marketing within the entertainment and film industry
- Interns will learn how to work with newspapers, radio, online, social networking sites, organizations and retail outlets
- Interns will learn about scheduling press, setting promotions, contests, theme nights, drawings and promotional giveaways
- Interns will assist onsite at red carpet movie premieres, screenings, stunts and industry events
- Internships are a maximum of a 16-week commitment
- Approximately 12- 15 hours per weel
- Very flexible and will work around interns schedule
- Internship is unpaid - for school credit
Deadline: February 28, 2016
- Students(JUNIORS & SENIORS) majoring in journalism, broadcasting, or communications preferred (other majors will be considered)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Must have knowledge of current events and computer skills
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA or above is recommended
- Interns must meet the 10-week time commitment between June and August 2016
For more information and to begin the application process, visit http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-internship-program/.
A Society of Professional Journalists Award
Deadline: February 19, 2016
The award honors journalism that explores and exposes an issue of importance to immigrant or ethnic communities currently living in the United States. Although not required, collaboration with ethnic media is taken into account. SPJ welcomes nominations from media outlets, journalists, community and issue advocacy groups, individuals and others concerned with ethnic issues
- Work must have been published or broadcast during the 2015 calendar year
Interested applicants should visit spj.org/a-newamerica.asp