Summer 2016 and Fall 2016
- Active involvement in monitoring District and State issues, current events and relevant legislation
- Assist with research and planning of upcoming events and projects
- Provide accurate and complete information in response to constituent inquiries and community issues
- Assist with and maintain office procedures, routine correspondence, telephone inquiries and special projects
- Develop clear knowledge and understanding of principles, functions, practices and operations of the California State Legislature
- Assist with responding to a variety of constituent inquiries and issues
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- The ideal candidate must be enrolled in an educational program upon the start of the internship.
- Have an interest in public policy, community organizing, political science, economics, English, communications, public relations or a similar area of study or career path
- Intern must be able to work 8-12 hours per week. (Office hours are M-F 9am-5pm with some events during the evening and weekends that can also be used to fulfill hours requirement. Scheduling can be fixed or flexible based on an intern's schedule.)
For more information and to start your online application, visit http://asmdc.org/members/a43/other-resources/district-office-internship.