Deadline: 5p.m., Friday, April 15, 2016, delivered to the Journalism Department, MZ 210
Requirement: All applicants must be majors in undergraduate Journalism and/or graduate students in the Mass Communications programs
*Notice: Requirements may vary for each scholarship.
- MANLEY WITTEN MEMORIAL AWARD- $2,500 --This scholarship, honoring the late Sundial publisher, will be awarded to the best portfolio of the work submitted by a journalism student, regardless of emphasis or seniority.
- JOURNALISM PORTFOLIO SCHOLARSHIP- $2,500 --Awarded for best portfolio of work submitted by a junior-level journalism undergraduate, regardless of emphasis.
- THE FLIP WILSON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- $15,000 --This scholarship can be used for tuition, room, board, books and fees for a student's senior school year. Applicant must be at least a junior, have at least a 3.0 GPA and submit a 2,500-3,000 word critical essay about Flip Wilson's contributions to comedy or television. Applicants must be enrolled in Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.
- LYNNE M. DOLL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- $1,000 --Awarded to a junior-level journalism major who has shown a marked capability for non-profit public relations by involvement in community and volunteer activities. The scholarship is supported by contributions from his family, friends and colleagues.
- ROY S. AKERS JOURNALISM SCHOLARSHIP- $700 --Open to all CSUN Journalism majors (continuing and/or transfer students) of junior or senior level academic standing. Students will submit an autobiographical sketch, be enrolled full-time with a minimum of 12 academic units remaining in Fall 2016, and submit a 300-word essay.
- STEVEN FISHMAN SCHOLARSHIP- $350 --Supported by friends, family and colleagues, this award is given in memory of Steven Fishman, a CSUN journalism graduate who died of cancer. Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating student who has shown strength in broadcasting sports, news or other programming and needs financial assistance to get started in a broadcasting career.
- JOURNALISM ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP- $500 -- Awarded to a junior or senior with an interest in a career in journalism or a journalism-related field. Applicants must submit a brief essay detailing their professional and personal goals and how studying journalism will help achieve those goals.
- NATIONAL NOTARY ASSOCIATION- $1,000 --Awarded to junior journalism majors who demonstrate academic merit and financial need. Applicants must have at least a 2.8 GPA, and be or entering their junior year in Fall 2016.
- TOM REILLY STUDENT JOURNALISM ENTERPRISE FUND- $2,000 --The Tom Reilly Student Journalism Enterprise Fund provides one or more journalism juniors and/or seniors u to $2,000 each for an enterprise project.
- LISA ENDIG JOURNALISM SCHOLARSHIPS- 2 at $1,500 each --Awarded to a journalism undergraduate or graduate student who shows outstanding ability in writing for broadcast and print media. Serious consideration will be given to students who are overcoming difficulties while continuing their education.
- KENNETH S. DEVOL SCHOLARSHIP- $500 --Currently enrolled undergraduate Journalism majors who received an "A" or "A-" in JOUR 400, Mass Communication Law and Ethics, during the Spring, Summer or Fall 2016, are eligible to apply.
- LAURA M. ROTHMAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- $1,250 --Created in the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and communication in memory of Laura M. Rothman, who received a BA in Art from CSUN in 1983. The student must identify objectives for the future and demonstrate merit, financial need and a 3.0 GPA.
- TOM REILLY STUDENT JOURNALISM ENTERPRISE FUND- $2,000 --The Tom Reilly Student Journalism Enterprise Fund provides one or more graduate students up to $2,000 each for an enterprise project.
- MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENT PORTFOLIO AWARD- $2,500 --Awarded to the best portfolio of work by a Mass Communication graduate student.
For more information and to obtain the application forms, visit http://www.csun.edu/mike-curb-arts-media-communication/journalism/awards-and-scholarships.