NYC, New York
Job Description: The Wall Street Journal is seeking undergraduates, recent graduates or graduate students to intern with its photo team based in New York City. The photo team researches and commissions photographs for all editions of The Wall Street Journal and for wsj.com
This is a 10-week, full-time paid internship based in New York City. The summer internships generally take place over June, July and August, though start dates can be flexible in certain circumstances.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Sharp instincts for news and news values
- Strong interest in domestic and international news as well as business and financial news
- Strong interest in photojournalism and documentary photography
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- A positive attitude and a drive to complete work quickly and efficiently on short deadlines
- A basic understanding of photography and photo editing programs such as Photoshop, Photo Mechanic
- Social media savvy, especially Instagram
** WSJ interns should be self-starters who understand the needs of the paper's growing readership on various real-time, online, mobile and print platforms. Dedication to high journalism standards is a must. The screening process puts heavy emphasis on work samples and experience. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in news and photography as well as the ability to work independently and under deadline pressure.
* Applications must be received no later than midnight Eastern time on Thursday, December 1, 2016. Only finalists will be contacted. Include a cover letter, resume and up to six work samples with your application.
More info. on: http://dowjones.jobs/virtual-usa/summer-2017-photography-internship-with-the-wall-street-journal/C965C18299B245DBA834B785B08D6561/job/?utm_campaign=Indeed&vs=1554&utm_medium=Job%20Aggregator&utm_source=Indeed-DE