Summer and Fall
Woodland Hills, CA
R6S Digital Marketing website: https://www.r6s.com
R6S is looking for a few PR interns, R6S would love to bring on board a local student looking to learn the industry and gain experience.
Applicants must be interested in or experienced in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism etc, must be strong writers, detail oriented, eager to learn and social media savvy.
PR interns are responsible for day-to-day campaign work, creative brainstorming, social media, media pitching, competitive analysis and media/industry research. You will learn the ins and outs of how a full-service marketing agency operates.
Specific duties and responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Develop written articles and blog content to be pitched to well-known publications
- Monitor press campaigns using industry-standard software
- Help develop content calendars on a weekly basis
- Online research and competitor analysis
- Market research and social media creation of content and ideas
- Help create engaging blog and social media content
- Currently enrolled in a Communications or related degree program (Marketing, Journalism, PR)
- Solution oriented, motivated self-starter
- Experience in Social media marketing is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with content writing and development is a plus
To apply, contact D.J Melena, project manager: ProjectManager@r6s.com
Senders Communications Group
Summer and Fall Internships
Senders Communications Group, a boutique communications firm based in Canoga Park, is seeking an intern during summer and fall semester. Senders specialize in labor unions and progressive causes.
- Provide social media posting (Facebook 155,000 fans, Twitter 5,000 fans, Instagram 1,500 fans),
- Writing and interviewing
- Background research
- Limited database entry
- Must be conscientious and detail-oriented
- Quick learner and accurate
- Must be very organized
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Comfortable with social media and Excel
- Must be able to work independently
For more information, visit www.labor411.org and www.sendersgroup.com
To apply to this position, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Summer and Fall Internships
8455 Beverly Blvd. #400
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Miller PR is looking for dedicated, reliable, eager and honest student interns who will be given five different experiences:
- On-site event PR experience with an event such as charity, red carpet and concerts.
- Write a pitch to promote a client.
- Pitch to local and/or regional outlets.
- Sit in on a client meeting to learn how to communicate with clients, what they expect and how to plan for what's ahead.
- Have a one-on-one meeting with our CEO, Dawn Miller, to ask any industry or PR-related questions.
- In the morning, check with the team and CEO if there are any morning requests
- Scans for our high-profile clients- this must be complete by 10am
- Scans for all clients done by 12pm
- Email all scans
- All scans must be organized properly on coverage trackers
- When new magazines arrive, scan through immediately and inform team of any client mentions, scan on scanner and send to client alias email
- (Only Wednesdays) Pick up weekly mags and scan for client photos or mentions, scan on scanner and send to client alias email
- Clippings- must be done each month, in spare time work on client clip books
- Research: Look in magazines, online pages, and newspapers for editors/writers that are fitting for our clients
- Help publicists with urgent client matters
Please send resume, cover letter and writing samples to Ari Killian (subject line: Summer Internship, or Fall Internship) at email@example.com
Power 106 is currently accepting intern candidate cover letters & resumes through Friday, May 12th for the summer internship.
Interested students should visit their internship page at http://www.power106.com/internship for more specifics.
Information about their fall internship will be posted once the summer intern session starts.
Student Assistant for University Communications
Department: Marketing and Communications, University Advancement
Summer and Fall Internship
Position available for student in writing disciplines with interest and experience in social media creation, news writing, magazine writing and press release development. Position calls for assisting the University Communications staff in content development and copy editing. Applicant must be enrolled full-time as a CSUN student.
- Cover on-campus events in multiple formats, including social media and writing post-event story
- Develop articles to be posted and/or featured on CSUN Today that announce, reflect or highlight campus events and accomplishments, faculty and staff news and student accomplishments
- Develop feature stories on subject matter pertaining to students, faculty and alumni for inclusion on CSUN Today
- Contribute content for CSUN marketing projects such as fliers, mailers and email communications
- Contribute content ideas for potential CSUN Today stories, press releases and CSUN Magazine features/featurettes
- Copy edit materials to be posted to all university forums
- Support social media for University Advancement, including creating original content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Develop marketing-directed content as directed
- Various administrative duties
Skills required and developed:
- Strong writing skills in multiple areas, including news, social media, press release, marketing and creative writing
- Strong editing skills, including knowledge of AP style and proper grammar
- Strong communication skills, including comfort in conducting interviews
- Fluency in social media programs, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Strong research skills with media, including familiarity with the CSUN website
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office – must be fluent with Microsoft Word (Mac edition)
- Basic familiarity with Adobe programs, including Photoshop and InDesign
CSUN students who meet the requirements and would like to apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students selected for interviews will also be asked to complete a short writing/editing test.